Sunday 4 May 2014

Me-time for Mummy!

It seems that seventeen pregnancies (and 28 resulting kids (but technically 27 because I never carried Bryony)) has finally taken its toll on my body - I've enlarged!
 Speaking of Bryony, we had a visit from her!  Just in time for the girls' first birthday!
 Big brother Ryder (baby 10) brings Lila to the cake.
Newly-retanned mummy brings Willow to the cake.  Siblings Gemma (#15), Hunter (#3) and Drew (#24) in foreground.
 Lila as a toddler!  She seems to have an unexpected hair colour.
Willow as a toddler!  She has my hair colour, making her the 10th out of 28 to be so.  Wow, I thought it was more than that (Matilda, Darcy, Charley, Parker, Rory, Effie, Flynn, Sloane, Paris and now Willow have inherited my signature pink hair).  Sloane and Paris are the only twins to share my hair... well except for Rory and Effie, but the other triplet Monet has their father Kenji's dark hair.
Don't they look the same?  Ah, so cute.  Most of my twins have looked really different so far (except for Teddy and Jack who are practically identical except for slight eye colour differences), so we'll have to see if Lila and Willow grow up looking alike!
Demon eyes!!  Willow's eyes are brown, neither mine nor Salem's.
Willow's skin, since birth, has had a hard time deciding which skin tone it wants to be.  Right now it's settled between the genie blue and mine, but in the family portrait it's hard to tell.  Humph.
Tell me what you think.  (Sorry it's so small but that's the way the game is!)
It appears to be that Lila has the same coloured eyes!  Held by sister Paris here.
Our Saturday consists of me being on the phone whilst Flynn and Drew do their homework and Paris reads a book and Lila sits hungry in the high chair.  (Also, did I revert back to my original figure?  I didn't even exercise!)
 Look who I'm on the phone to - Hunter!
Every time we have a teen birthday we always get these university baskets at our door (or the middle of our driveway, in the bushes), so we've had plenty of them in our time, but I usually just sell them.  I found the one from Sloane and Paris' ageing up in the bushes and decided, just for fun, to take what they call the 'aptitude test'.
Here's my results.  I don't know how I got a Distinguished Science Award.

It was out of my control, honestly!  But I somehow found myself dialling the number for Sims University Enrolment Services... I am now enrolled in a Fine Arts degree with a partial scholarship!  I'm not doing the degree so I can get a job when I get home (as I can't, raising all my kids) but it's just for a new experience and to meet new people and have fun! A mumma of 28 really needs some me-time. I feel bad leaving six kids at home but I've got some of my older kids enlisted to help out, especially with Lila and Willow whilst my teens are at school. 
 Sloane stood in the bushes waving me off.
 Drew waves but apparently Flynn can't because Paris is in the way.
An enthusiastic farewell from Paris... too enthusiastic...
 Off I go!
 I've arrived at my new house!
Using my sketchbook for the first time - this course should be a breeze, since I'm maxed out in painting!
 Meeting a professor at the meet and greet!
 This guy was thinking of me,  I think...
 Speaking to him - he's doing my course!
 I was starving and trying to get something from the barista bar but everyone was blocking my way!
 And then they all started taking photos of me!
 Ordering a cheese danish from the lovely old guy.
 But didn't get to eat it as the Union building closed!  What a waste!
 Thinking about Willow at the Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop.
 I ordered a bagel and a brownie...
 ... and a coffee!
 Relaxing and reading my course book.
 Lecture time!
 Taking notes.  The guy next to me seems to be paying attention...
 A fight broke out outside!
 This blonde chick was defeated.
 THE PAPARAZZI FRIGGIN STOOD BEHIND ME IN MY LECTURE.  UGH.
 I decided to give a presentation.
 "As you can see on this blank board behind me..."
 And I gave a lecture on painting!
 I studied in the library room.
 I was invited to a bonfire party by a girl at the sorority house, Paris Vanderbuilt.
I was given a dare to 'get juiced'.  I was hesitant about fulfilling the dare as I am a responsible mother who has successfully raised (so far) 22 beautiful babies into young adults.  But this was university, and time for me to let loose a bit without worrying about my kids too much.  It was me-time, a well-deserved break for myself.  I did a keg stand - it was fun!
 Mmmm.... juice.....
 This creepy vampire guy took a photo of me while I laughed.
What's a bonfire party without a bonfire??  Chucking a test tube into it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment