Sunday 2 February 2014

The Big Surprise

 We never used to have crumbs on the floor until we got Ladybug.
 Flippin' those fish!
 Bryony adorably singing to her doll.
 She's so small!
 Rory off to his first shift at the grocery store!
 Friday marks Andromeda's birthday - she's a child now!  She gained the Supernatural Fan trait.  She then told me that she wants to become a supernatural.  I told her that I didn't know if it was possible with her being half alien.
 Effie: "Bry, what do you think the special surprise is?"
 Bryony: "Maybe it's that we won't have to do dishes anymore!"
 Effie: "Hmmm... it's something big.... something really big.... Mum said Saturday.... we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out!"
 Saturday morning arrived and I made everyone get up at 7 to clean the house.  Bryony did the dishes.
 Everyone made their beds (Jack).
 Me.
 Rory did the laundry.
 We ate.
 Teddy cleaned the bath.
 Jack cleaned the toilet.
 Grrrr! I hate it when they do this!  I'll have leftovers in the fridge and the kids will go and make more food.
 "Anyone who wants a tan should hurry up!"
 Turns out we all wanted one.
 Teddy got a nice glow!
 Mine and Effie's both turned out uneven.
 Monet came out nice.  It literally took ALL day - 12 hours, to be exact, for everyone to be tanned and to have the house clean before I could reveal the surprise to the kids.
 We've gone to China!  Shang Simla is such a beautiful place.  This is the first time I or any of my children have left Appaloosa Plains (actually that can't be true as some of my kids have university degrees but it seems to be autonomous). Babies 16-22 should feel lucky.
 I found this image funny.  We went into the main square and we took individual bikes.  Here we have Monet, Rory, Bryony, Jack and Andromeda (Effie and Teddy were behind them) coming over the hill one after the other.  It was hilarious because it's just seven kids coming over the hill one after the other.
 We visited the Forbidden City.
 There was a plate to stand on.
 It activated a staircase!
 I went down it but you need a keystone to progress further so I came back up.
 Bryony and Andi (she insists on her nickname being spelt that way to be more 'fenimine') trade local gossip - what can they possibly know when we've only been here a few hours?
 Another explorer.
 Another funny picture.  Up in the mountains there is a temple and the only way to get there is by running up this excruciatingly long path.  Me in front followed by Rory, Jack, Effie, Monet and Teddy.  The little girls were left behind!!
 I was slightly angered that as soon as we got to the temple everyone whipped out their phones (like there's even internet up here).
 See?
 At least I had the decency to whip out a book.
 Ugh. At least it's still technically skill building though.
 The temple.
 I noticed this tower in the distance - maybe there is internet?
 Bryony and Andromeda run to meet us!
 The run to get here was worth it - look at the view! You can see all of Shang Simla from the top of the temple.  I memorised the scene to paint later and Rory used his camera to take a photo.  Even though it's the worst camera and it's the first photo he's taken, it turned out pretty good!
 Still running up the hill!
 They've finally arrived!! Just in time for dinner...
 The merchant at the market.
 Everyone trying to get in at the same time.  Jack got some food.
 I don't think that Bryony realises that it's not a pool for swimming!
 I realised that it would take forever for everyone to buy food so I bought some for everyone.
 I bought seven dishes (as Jack had already bought his) but then remembered that Bryony doesn't eat as she photosynthesises, so we had an extra meal!
 The triplets eating together.
 Andromeda sat in the room above the bookshop!
 Back at Base Camp, Bryony gets a random to read her to sleep!
 All five teens reading in the morning... I didn't even tell them to.
 We visited the Phoenix Academy, where you can learn the Martial Arts skill.  This is fitting due to the training dummy we got for Christmas.  I only wish I had gotten one earlier as I have had one Disciplined child (Charley) and she never got to learn the skill.
 The Special Merchant was there, practising with the training dummy!
 Rory had a whack at it.
 As did Jack!
 I played chess with Monet.
And Teddy and Andi played chess too.
 Bed time!  Monet and Effie.
 Random and me.
 Jack and Teddy.
 My green girls - Andi and Bryony.
 Rory!
 The next day I discovered a retreat! We decided to split up because everyone wanted to do something different.  I trusted the kids.
 Another one!
 This is where I really need the athletic skill! I found some ancient coins!
 Rory and Jack spent the day at the Academy - Jack is now level 3 of the Martial Arts skill!
 What could be in here?
 It unlocked a room!  There was a chest in there and I took the relics from it.
 This must've been where the monks lived.  I used the bath.
 Bryony swimming again! Well, she does need to keep hydrated.
 I guess it must be okay if the locals are doing it too!
 Gettin' a little close to my daughter...
 Teddy went shopping and bought some things.
This is the dude who was swimming really closely to Bryony.  His name is Zhan Su. 
 Oh, honey, she's a bit old for you!  (The merchant, Sun Young Kim)
 He's learning a song!
 Now he'll have to teach the rest of us.
Zhan's a really nice guy.  Our holiday has come to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment