Saturday 1 February 2014

Winter Shenanigans and Surprises

 I don't think I want to know what's going on up there, but Rory tells me he's fighting off pirate invaders!
 I took the triplets to the Fall Festival, being Spooky Day, as I didn't have enough pumpkins in my garden for all of us.  The boys (Teddy and Jack) stayed home with the girls (Bryony and Andromeda). Matilda was there at the festival, crying! She must've been frightened by the haunted house!
 My Liam was there too, as a concession stand worker!
Rory and Effie, being Brave, both tackled the haunted house...
And LOVED it.  Monet went in too and loved it also.  
 Rory was the only one who managed to get into his costume in time - pirate!! Inspired by the game he was playing in the treehouse earlier??
 Rory was the only kid that actually managed to trick or treat, and it was once.... to big sister Savannah!!
 Wow, the triplets have the exact same doll!  I haven't seen the dolls in a while.  In Monet's words: "They're not dolls anymore."
Whatever that means.
 I don't do this often - getting up at wee hours of the morning to tend to my babies!  Usually one (or all) of my teens make it to them before I do!  I don't mind much when I'm greeted with cute faces like this one!
 Wow, my toilet is filthy!  I really need to do the other two bathrooms up.  There's a lot of traffic coming in and out of my ensuite.
 The kids have come home from school.
What goes on on a lazy, rainy Friday afternoon in the Bloom household?
For Teddy, it involves relaxing on his bed and reading (Street Art Vol. 1: The Word on the Street I believe it is)
Besties Monet and Effie take photos in the photo booth!
Silly girls! (How did Monet get on that angle in the last one??)
I teach Bryony to talk! 
 And Jack played chess!
 I almost forgot about the birthdays - four of them!
 The triplets first!  (Effie, Rory, Monet)
 The girls were completely in sync the whole time!
 Haha.
 Baby 18, Monet, as a teen.  She gained the Avant Garde trait.
 Baby 20, Effie, as a teen.  I told her under no circumstances can she keep that hairstyle - it's my absolute least favourite ever!!  She gained the Dramatic trait (soooo fitting!).
 Much better.  God, she is sooooo much like Kenji.
 It's also Andromeda's birthday!
 Baby 19 Rory took his time ageing up, but here he is as a teen!  He has a ponytail!  He gained the Photographer's Eye trait.
 Baby 22, alien Andromeda as a toddler.
 She's really cute!!
 Everyone seems to be hanging around the lounge room, either dancing, reading, working out or crawling!
 Kiddos in the pool (yeah, that's Rory nearly drowning).
 Me: "Well, really, Effie, if you don't like living in this house so much, move out then!"
Effie: *grumbles under breath*
 Teaching Andromeda to talk.
 She has that alien echoing voice.  You should hear her when she cries!!
 Winter!! Which means decorations!
 I got all of this (excluding the chess table and chairs) in the mail.  I sold the plants but kept everything on the white wall.
 The kids convinced me to keep the snowflake mural as part of our winter decorations and to get another one so it looks better across the back door.
 Inside view.
 There's that poster.  This is Rory's bed.  He convinced me to get a random skateboard chair for his and the girls' room to watch the TV!
 Um, I'm no expert on kids (actually, yes I am, I have 22 of them) but, um, should Bryony be like that!?!?
 The besties pillow fighting.
 Ryder invited us to his party and we all went (except for Rory, he was too busy playing video games!).
 Since our house doesn't have an actual roof, we can't hang lights, so we had to hang them on Jagger, Ryder, Parker and Liam's house instead.
 Teddy talking to Heidi.
 Um, Ryder, are you flirting with Juanita Blanco??  As in the mother of Sheila Blanco, who is your sister Evie's girlfriend?!
 Oh! And she's giving him flowers!
 Apparently Everly has to take a picture of her celebrity little sister Effie.  It's not like most our family are celebrities or anything.
 Looking at the weather.
 We've only had this bathroom for, what, two days? And the shower's already broken!?
 My green girls sleeping.  Andromeda and Bryony.
 Even when you teach Bryony to walk she has that adorable flower trail!
 I haven't painted in AGES and, well, it is my job after all, and I need more money for the upcoming Snowflake Day (even though our funds are upwards of $70,000) - I have two huge surprises planned for the kids, as well as regular presents!  And the house isn't completely finished either.
I painted from memory, except I couldn't remember what I had actually memorised, until I started painting.
 Rory woke up with a mood swing (there is at least one every day... the joys of having five teens in the house).  He wanted to dye or cut his hair.  Cut, cut! I pressured him.
 And the ponytail is gone!!  Ah, good riddance!! He looks better with this much shorter hairstyle.
 Oh! Turns out it's a picture of Charley going to the formal! Oh, I remember that!  That was ages ago though, because Charley is Baby 8 and my oldest currently in the house (Teddy) is Baby 16.
 Bryony doesn't even have a bladder need, being a PlantSim, so I don't know why I'd need to potty train her...
 Woah! Birthday time for my number 21!
 Oh, isn't she just precious!?  Bryony as a child.  She gained the Never Nude trait (she'd be covered in leaves though, wouldn't she?).
 My clone!
 Teddy insisted on sleeping in the garage in the sleeping bag for some reason.
 I thought it was about time to buy a guitar, having quite a few Virtuoso children come and gone (Teddy here is one) without gaining the skill.  Teddy instantly tries it out and we are all impressed at how naturally he picks it up!
 Really, another alien!?  Must be the like 6 space rocks we have in the yard.
 I just love sitting on the toilet and having a gnome watch me like this...
 Bryony and Rory on the trampoline together.
 Effie's been watching the shopping channel and dropping hints about what she wants for Christmas (or Snowflake Day).
 Time to shop, I suppose!
 That's Ryder... in the middle of nowhere... just casually chilling...
 I invited some of my kids over (I tried to get all of them but some were at work etc.).  With my Baby 12, Thomas, who I have the worst relationship with - I'm on an extreme mission to fix that!
 Looks like Matilda and Effie made up!
 Parker chatting up little bro Teddy.
 Here's Parker.
 And Thomas.  Do they still look identical? (See Renovations, Identical Children and... a Genie?)
 Bryony talking to Charley.
 Pillow fighting with Mr. 11, Parker!
 My boy.
 Oh! Hello gnome! He was hanging with the snowmen outside.
 Rory's one piece of Spooky Day lollies.
 Apparently he decides that it's a good breakfast.
 Upgrading the toilet to become self-cleaning as they are constantly filthy!!
 Aw, Jack helping Bryony with her homework.
 The kids rarely go in the office, so it was a shock to find Teddy and Rory doing their homework in there.  It must be because Rory just became my first teen to get a part time job!  He now works at the grocery store.  He needed to get it to improve his school performance.
 A bit late, but carving a pumpkin.  We never got around to doing it as a family.
 Monet does her homework outside the hospital/science facility.  This paparazzi chick was literally outside our house five seconds earlier!!
 Thomas and Rose were there too!
 I bumped into Lemon (original, not impostor) at the store!
 It's the wee hours of Snowflake Day...
 ... all children are snug in their beds...
 ... meanwhile in the dining room...
 .... things are a-happening...
 Presents: potion lab (we had one at the old house and never got round to getting another until now) and martial arts training dummy.
 Magic mirror for Effie, Street Art kit for Monet, keyboard for Teddy, camera for Rory, sketchbook for me.
Oh, and rocking horse for Bryony (and any following children).  I tried to get a present for everyone. I guess a lot of them can be communal, for the whole family for the rest of forever, and some kids' are way more expensive than others, but it's about their traits, skills and interests, not the price.  I guess the potions lab is technically for Genius Jack. 
 Rory is first to wake in the morning, and he's mopping - such a good boy.
 The kids all gather around to see what has been left for them.
 Jack: "Uh, Mum, what's with the pet bowl?"
 Pet bowl? Ah, yes, this pet bowl.  What, indeed, is 'with' it?
That would be the newest addition to our family!! Meet Ladybug Bloom, our first pet!  She's a puppy and her traits are: Lazy, Likes Swimming and Shy.  Cutie, isn't she?
 Me: "Now, kids, apart from your general presents and the addition of Ladybug, I have another surprise for you."
Monet: "What is it?" 
Me: "I can't tell you guys yet, it's a surprise.  It will happen on Saturday.  Since it is currently Thursday, that means it's two days away."
All: "Two days!??" 
Me: "Yes, so be patient, because it will be worth it.  But for now we have to go to Parker's feast party."
 Parker invited his father Magenta to the party.
 Savannah was there, playing the guitar.  I then remembered that we DID have guitars! Two of them came with the new house and I gave them to Savannah and Darcy when they moved out!
 Ryder called me to chat, despite the fact that he lives at the house we were at.  He wasn't home though.
 Ladybug came too.  Parker kicked us out because Ladybug scratched a snowman!! Bryony was so cute scolding her. (Ladybug is that little mound in the snow)
 Bryony even rode home with Ladybug under her arm - even though you can't see her, she's there.
 Honey, you've got a dog attached to your hip.
 Effie was sent this hideously-innapropriate-for-our-house lounge for being a celebrity.  I sold it.
Monet was sent this fridge.  I sold that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment